It’s fairly well documented that I get baby fever something fierce when my youngest is about 3 years old. Sure enough, my kids are basically 4 years apart, currently 11, 7, and 3.
You guessed it; OMG do I have the fever! Like you wouldn’t believe.
Now, this is obviously the worst time ever to have a baby and I already have three, so… no. No more babies especially not right now! (No self, no!) Luckily, I’m fixed. Follow that link. It sums up nicely why a 4th baby is right out. That and my pregnancy with Sambam nearly killed me. There is an entire category that gives you the play by play there.
So Pat does what Pat does, and he took my to the pet store. I have to say, the entire trip and purchase, because of course there was a purchase, was 100% his idea meaning he can’t even get upset at me for it. In fact, he thanked me! He freakin’ thanked me for allowing him to bring a furbaby into the house. If that isn’t BPD manipulation, I don’t know what is. I’ve only wanted one of these forever.
So, meet Sweet Pea. Named because she is as sweet as sugar, and because she peed all over my husband in the early hours of joining the family. (We didn’t have her home/potty set up yet and there had been a car ride.)
Also, as I’ve bitched about money on here in the past few months, it’s worth stating the following:
- All bills are paid up to date.
- Kids have new and a responsible amount of clothing for the coming season.
- We have all material needs, and some wants, met and recently.
- David, my brother-in-law who lives here, just found a job and all the above should remain true for the foreseeable future.
- Babies cost more than we spent on Sweet Pea.
- She has my husband trained to snuggle her when she whines at him.
- My heart is full of glee.