My mom was convinced I’d miss her too much to part with her over night. But really, while I will miss her, yes, I have so much I want to get done that this break is really nice. Also, sleep. I like sleep. I don’t mind getting up with her at 6AM. And I’m even waking up rested enough to function. But sleep on my terms? One night? Yes please!
So for 24 hours, my mom has my youngest and my oldest. And I have more quiet than I’m use to.
So, my to-do/fun things list:
- Milk and pull-up run (done)
- Put away Sammy’s 0-3 month clothes and pull out 3-6 and get 6-9 and 9-12 ready to go. (done)
- Compose list of what clothes need to be bought yet for current and next size (done)
- Candyland with the 3yo (2 games down, more to come I’m sure)
- Bubble bath for the 3yo (done)
- Nice dinner just Luke, momma and daddy (done)
- Basic house upkeep like laundry, trash, pets (done until I spot something else)
- Bank account info flash cards (1/4th done)
- Bedtime stories and cuddles with the 3yo (done)
- Sleep for more than a 6 hour stretch (in the early planning stages)
So do I miss her? Sure. But I’m keeping busy and she is safe, loved, and happy. So I’ll see her tomorrow and smother her with I missed you kisses.