1. If you need a fresh perspective on life, talk to the youngest person you know. 3-year-olds work best for this. No one sees the world with more truth and humor than they do.
2. Your mental health comes first. It affects everything else in your life.
3. If it won’t cost you your life, your friends or family, or your job, close enough is good enough.
4. Monsters Inc or Miralax at the first sign of a problem! It can get so much worse!
5. Remember the days when she was your lap kitty and you were her mattress when she becomes a teenager. That foundation of love will never change, it just might be obscured.
6. Instilling a bed-time does wonders for insomnia!
7. It’s not worth the drama. Just defriend and move on. Life is too short to be wasted on dramatic spam.
8. If the toddler tells you the call on his play phone is for you, you answer it. Nothing is more important. This applies to many things!
9. If given a choice, choose to be the cool parent. But be this because of being supportive and understanding, not an enabling doormat.
10. Remember always that you can get by without debt. Unless it’s for school, a home, or maybe a car, it’s not worth it.
11. The Band. Never leave The Band. Follow it wherever it takes you! They are good people doing amazing things with much more wow to come!
12. In addition, never leave your own blog. You really are helping people! Even if it has to mature and grow with you, your target audience will find it’s worth.
13. This feeling right now of, “Yes I’m big but I’ve had 3 babies and a decade plus of psyche meds!” will never stop being true, so don’t lose that feeling.
14. Never second guess a sign that your child needs help. It’s much better to be wrong and they don’t than to be wrong and they do.
15. Stick with Pat. No matter how bad things get, they have been worse and you’ve seen the awesome. Remember the awesome.
16. Keep this job unless the next is remarkably better. Only a degree can truly end the search and maybe not even then.
17. Buddhism. Don’t give up the search to understand and give yourself the option to worship in its natural setting. It might be the answer, and if it’s not, it still won’t be a waste of time.
18. Get a degree. Business. Maths. Psychology. Pick one, but make it good! And not photography! There is no time, money, or future for that!
19. Open a savings account NOW! Even if it’s just an automatic deposit of 5$ a week for now. House. College. Oh shit. But make sure it’s only being spent on 1 of the 3.
20. Do better with her. She deserves it. Then let her teach you how to do better with the boys. It shouldn’t be so different and they deserve it too!
21. Twice a week. Not because you have to, but because you want to. If you don’t want to, then it’s time to fix the problem.
22. Give each kid 30 minutes of your undivided, individual attention every day. But that doesn’t mean you get to ignore them the other 22.5 hours each day. They just have to share that time with the rest of life and each other.
23. Stop picking! You are in the best mental health of your life and you don’t need this habit! Besides, you look gross!
24. Sick days are done. Unless you literally can not leave the bathroom or the hospital you must always be at work as scheduled. You had that discipline before and lost it to depression. Well, you aren’t depressed so get it back!
25. Never underestimate the power of a bra that fits, well-worn jeans, and the pants free, yet public appropriateness of a skirt.
26. No matter how broke you are, having some fun money is important. You just have to set a reasonable limit. You work way to hard to not enjoy at least some of the reward.
27. Yes, people really can change. But only if they honestly want to and you have no say in any of this. Remember this for your own ways as well. If you don’t honestly want to make the change, you won’t.
28. You only get in return what you put into it. There is NOTHING this doesn’t apply to!