I’ve been thinking about making a post like this anyways, and I was inspired to make that day be today. Half of these are taken from here and some of them we honestly have in common.
My personal rules regarding my blog.
1. I will not blog about work. Not anything that’s really specific anyways. My OCD at work story hurts no one but a blog post to the effect of “I work at _____ and it sucks because _____” very well could hurt the company. And I won’t do that. I may have my bad days, don’t we all, but no bad day is worth putting the company I work for and my job into jeopardy.
2. If I won’t say it to your face, I won’t say it on my blog. Sometimes I may use my blog to get across something that needs to get across, but that is the extent. If I talk about my mom it needs to be something I’m ok with her reading, because she will. This is not the place to hurt people I care about. Some opinions are better left unsaid.
3. That said, I won’t censor or edit myself. Mind you, there is a huge difference between saying I’m having issues with someone and explaining why verses calling them a fucktard. The first is an honest post and needs to be made. The second is just hurtful and breaks rule number 2. But if I’m having problems with someone I need to post it. If for no other reason than the fact that my BPD causes or escalates most problems I have.
4. Blog as if I’m talking to a friend. I am.
5. Don’t take it personally if I don’t get any comments. It isn’t about the comments.
6. Don’t take it personally if I get a lot of comments. I don’t do this for me.
7. I don’t go back and edit posts unless it’s to fix spelling or punctuation.
8. Try to acknowledge and respond to every comment. If you guys are willing to take your time to tell me what you think, I need to take my time to reply in kind.
9. Do not beat myself if I miss responding to a comment. I have two (three) kids, work full-time and will be soon in school as well… There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
And most importantly:
10. Treat others the way I want to be treated.