Posted by kmarrs under Luke, Marital Strife, My Mom, Noodles And Other Foods I Love To Blog About, Outside My Corner Of Things, Pat, Sammy, Sometimes It Really Is Just Depression And Not A BPD Moment | Permalink | | Leave A Comment
Last week? Sucked! So it is way past time to discuss the moments in my life that were epic this past little bit.
1. I got to work out some anger towards a PR bitch who wanted me to blatantly lie to you guys. For 10 dollars. Not that 10,000 would have made the difference. The 10 dollar part was simply insult to injury. Where I am willing to be sponsored or link ads to the right places, I won’t lie about it. Period. And I’ll only support what I am willing to stand behind. I did take great joy in sending her a link to the dictionary definition of “authentic”, though.
2. One of the local Kmarts isn’t able to renew their lease due to the rent being randomly doubled. Which sucks but they are in “please buy everything we have as fast as possible” mode and my mom took me to cash in on some good deals. I was smart enough to stick to a list of things we’ve actually been needing for a long while. Cuts down on the “you spent what on me?” remorse. Plus, some will be paid back when I get my bonus in May. So, there is that. She/we bought:
- Shoe rack for the bazillion pairs of shoes we have lying about. 5 people does not simply equal 5 pairs of shoes. Nope. We’d been using a laundry basket to dump them in. See below.
- Laundry baskets. 10 of them for 15$. Yes, they are cheap and small, but still better than what I’m replacing.
- Laundry hamper that I heart so bad! Old one? Also falling apart.
- Shoes for me. White dress sandals because I had a serious gap in that department. Black flats to replace ones that are falling a apart. And a pair of flip flops that are comfy as fuck and were like 6$.
- Summer clothes for Sammy. We are keeping it simply because I’m thinking it’ll be hot as Hades this year, so we stocked on onesies and some cute little sundresses
- Trash cans. Buying trash cans isn’t glamorous unless you have been in serious need for a couple new ones for a long ass time but can never seem to get around to it. 20% off already inexpensive? Yeah, we can get to that!
3. Wendy’s has this new sandwich that involves spicy chicken, bacon and guacamole. OMG I have never had a fast food sandwich that tasted even half that good.
4. I took the time to really sit and study Sammy as she rolls from back to belly. That shit is funny, yo. But oh the adorables! Also? While I wouldn’t call her mobile, she is far from stationary. Only, she can only really go in reverse. And girl missed the line to have review mirrors installed.
5. I was able to prove maybe I’m more ahead of the ADHD game with my 4yo than I thought. Fidget beads are a huge success!
6. I am taking the Chibi Challenge! If you would like to aid in my mental health ego, you are welcome to comment with 3 words that describe me. Think positive! The results are going to be built into a word cloud, not unlike what I posted all day Sunday. They are fun to make though. You can make them on Wordle.
7. I am in talks with Becky and while I’m not currently a Brain Behind The Band, my return is in the future once I get the rest of my life squared away. I just need to focus on other things so that I have the energy free to give the band all the energy that I choose to give.
9. I am to the point where while a Mt Dew would sound awesome, I would no longer kill for it. Just maybe maim.
10. My husband is seeing and commenting on noticeable signs of improvement in my mood over this time last week. So maybe I am right that yes I can be off my meds, this past week just really did suck. I got a lot of feedback from others as well that dude, the week sucked. BUT if I can survive that week med free, I can survive anything med free.
So those are my glitter spots that I’m hanging onto. Do you have any you care to share?