Shop & Create on Zazzle

Things I Would Hoard If I Were A Hoarder

Blame the twitter for this.

1. Empty pill bottles
  2. Empty honey nut cheerio boxes: sorted according to size
  3. Empty pop cans.  But only Sunkist and A&W
  4. Lists
  5. Empty Easter eggs
  6. Bottles of lotion, empty and otherwise
  7. Never used make-up and nail polish
  8. Used up sharpie markers
  9. Right shoes, with the left ones nowhere in sight
  10. Broken children’s toys

9 Comments

1. Comment by Lisa:

Too funny! I live with and am in love with a hoarder. I have to have everything clean and in it's place. I'm tired when I finally get to go to bed at night! However, the list thing – I get. I have them everywhere! My therapist suggested that I might not ever reach the happiness that I want in my relationship because of this issue – I think he's worth it though! He and his parents completely rehabbed his house so I could move in last summer. I've been slowly working through the leftovers and have turned it into a build mastery.

Btw – I love your goal of being off meds by the end of the year. I wish I could say I was there. I'm actually thinking about doing another round of DBT. I so wish I could say after two and a half years of intense therapy that I was further along. Some days I feel like I'm ten steps behind where I was when I first landed in the psych ward. You certainly inspire me!

Lisa

2. Comment by Dawnie:

According to this list, we could be roommates. Ha! Sometimes I'll catch an episode of hoarders on TV, and it gives me mixed feelings. I crave some things more, and it makes me want to clean out all the rest.

3. Comment by Walkingborder (Karen):

Keep in mind, that having children completely rewires my brain chemistry and I just had one 4 months ago. I have also had complete life changes that put me in a better place. I'm now in a job I love that pays the bills. A job where I'm appreciated. I have a complete and healthy family. I'm in a good place in life that lets me be in a good place in my head. I can't say I'll be off them until the end of time. But for now at least, I think I can be off them for a bit.

Meanwhile, as for hoarding, I'm more of a purger. I cna't stand clutter. But there are a few things I'm guilty of hoarding. Lol. 6 and 7 on that list are true to life. The rest of it would just be easy for me because it's stuff I always have that I could just keep instead of tossing.

4. Comment by Chibi:

I hoard makeup. *shame face*

5. Comment by Cindy Lou Who:

i totally hoard coathangers

6. Comment by Original_Wacky:

I definitely hoard nail polish. And hugs. I hoard them. But I share. Hee!

7. Comment by Tara R.:

Oh dear… #1, yep. #6 and #7 yes to those too. Instead of hoarding, I prefer the term 'packrattery.'

8. Comment by Smitty:

VERY nice post. What do I hoard? Oh let me count the ways, and look back at your "I would if I could" list. Sounds like you do NOT hoard. We will be moving this year, so I will get to find out what I hoard, already!

9. Comment by Walkingborder (Karen):

I am so glad everyone was amused by this list! I had fun with it.